The WLIC orientation is the beginning of your journey at Wilfrid Laurier International College – a new study environment, a new country, and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation!
This is a great way to meet many other students from around the world, while you receive crucial information about starting your university career! Full details regarding orientation, as well as in-person or remote delivery, will be e-mailed to all new students. For a list of upcoming Orientation dates, please visit our Important Dates page.
What happens at orientation?
- Virtually tour the campus and classrooms
- Meet new friends before starting your studies
- Discuss your course schedule/timetable
- Receive your orientation schedule and welcome pack
- There will also be information sessions concerning visa status, dining services, campus accommodations, safety, health insurance, bank accounts and mobile plans all designed to help you settle into your new environment.
What happens if I do not attend orientation?
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Students who arrive late may risk missing important information to support with the transition to the College.