Resiliency Award Scholarships
WLIC recognizes and celebrates students overcoming adversity in the pursuit of completing their academic program. Each semester, WLIC awards two students with Resiliency Award Scholarships.
The Scholarship award is equivalent to $500.
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have been studying full-time (i.e.: minimum 1.5 academic credits) and have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in semester immediately prior to the semester when the scholarship is being awarded;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received an Academic Distinction or Academic Merit scholarship nor had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
- Not be receiving another Navitas scholarship in the same semester of consideration for this award. If the student is short-listed for multiple scholarships, the student will be awarded the one of greatest value.
- The scholarship applies to academic studies completed for an undergraduate program with WLIC. Students are liable to pay for the remainder of their semester course fees.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s tuition account during their semester of study for an undergraduate program with WLIC.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Nominations received from WLIC instructors, identifying students who have shown improvement in classroom citizenship/academic ability or have overcome adversity to be successful in their studies
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will award the scholarships based on the quality of nominations, as determined by personal circumstances and academic performance
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship selection committee must differentiate between equally qualified applicants
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship selection committee will announce the recipients of the Navitas Academic Distinction Scholarship upon the completion of each semester and following the course registration period for the subsequent term. The recipients will be notified by email and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on nominations submitted by WLIC instructors.