Community Engagement Scholarships
WLIC is committed to helping you achieve your academic goals by offering scholarships to outstanding students. Each semester, WLIC awards two students with Community Engagement Scholarships.
The Scholarship award is equivalent to $250.
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have been studying full-time (i.e.: minimum 1.5 academic credits) and have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in semester immediately prior to the semester when the scholarship is being awarded;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received an Academic Distinction or Academic Merit scholarship nor had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
- Not be receiving another Navitas scholarship in the same semester of consideration for this award. If the student is short-listed for multiple scholarships, the student will be awarded the one of greatest value.
- The scholarship applies to academic studies completed for an undergraduate program with WLIC. Students are liable to pay for the remainder of their semester course fees.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s tuition account during their semester of study for an undergraduate program with WLIC.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Participated in the improvement and promotion of a positive student experience at WLIC in their previous semester of study
- Exemplifying the Navitas core values during this participation, which include:
- Having conviction to our purpose and potential
- Demonstrating drive by achieving and advancing together
- Being adventurous in mind and spirit
- Demonstrating rigour in enhancing our professional reputation and credibility
- Being genuine in the way we behave and deliver
- Showing respect by celebrating, valuing and caring for people and the environment
Notification of results
The scholarship selection committee will announce the recipients of the Navitas Academic Distinction Scholarship upon the completion of each semester and following the course registration period for the subsequent term. The recipients will be notified by email and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on student experience participation at WLIC. Students must be nominated for this award by WLIC staff members or Student Leader Managers.
All terms and conditions are correct as of 7 June 2021 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Pty Ltd.