Wilfrid Laurier University
Laurier will prepare you to succeed in a world where jobs, professions and industries are constantly being redefined. You need to be adaptable, resilient and ready to make a difference. That’s why every aspect of your student experience at Laurier helps you to build your career.
Mission and Values
A Laurier education is about building the whole person: mind, body and spirit. We believe that your university career must lead to more than just a job to be considered a success; Laurier creates engaged and aware citizens in a culture that inspires lives of leadership and purpose.
Community to the Core
At Laurier, community is at the heart of who we are. A deep sense of connection and belonging is felt across our campuses and resonates into the communities we call home.
Laurier students aren’t content with simply earning a university degree. To them, education is a springboard to something greater: it’s the key to shaping a life, building a community and making a difference.
Fast Facts about Laurier
- 109: age of the institution
- 20,000: students
- 6: campuses and locations
- 25+: research centres and institutes
- 1.5: hours from the Brantford campus to Toronto
- 1,000+: student study spots in the Laurier Library
- 176,000: electronic journals available through the Laurier Library
- 1,200,000: electronic books available through the Laurier Library
- 1,000,000: physical items in the Laurier Library
- 200+: clubs and groups at Laurier
- 29: intramural sports
- 118,000: square feet of athletics and recreation space at the Laurier Brantford YMCA