UTP Stage II: Arts
The Faculty of Arts is the largest and most diverse faculty at Laurier with 19 departments and interdisciplinary programming spanning a number of fields in the social sciences and humanities.
Arts courses provide opportunities for you to develop important workplace skills, whether you are working towards a career in business, education or the non-profit sector. You’ll learn to challenge assumptions, communicate effectively, think critically and work cooperatively. Most importantly, you’ll be able to put ideas and issues into local, global and historical perspectives.
- 3 terms
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Brantford campus*
Your direct pathway into Wilfrid Laurier University
*Students in the Faculty of Arts will complete their UTP studies at the Brantford Campus and, upon successful completion of the program, will transfer to complete their degree at Laurier’s Waterloo campus.
Program transfer options include:
- Faculty of Arts (Honours BA)
Arts Program Structure
During the UTP Stage II: Faculty of Arts program you will study courses that introduce you to a wide range of disciplines, which can lead to programs in Global Studies, History, International Education Studies, Political Science, and more. The Faculty of Arts pathway offers students the flexibility to explore a diverse range of courses and help you choose the area in which you wish to specialize for your Bachelor of Arts.
- Ancient Studies (Honours BA)
- Anthropology in Combination with another Honours BA Program
- Archaeology and Heritage Studies (Honours BA)
- Communication Studies (Honours BA)
- Communication Studies in combination with another Honours BA program
- Cultural Studies in Combination with another Honours BA Program
- English (Honours BA)
- Film Studies (Honours BA)
- Global Studies (Honours BA)
- History (Honours BA)
- Languages (Honours BA)
- Medieval and Medievalism Studies in Combination with another Honours BA Program
- North American Studies in Combination with another Honours BA Program
- Philosophy (Honours BA)
- Political Science (Honours BA)
- Religion and Culture (Honours BA)
- Sociology (Honours BA)
- Women and Gender Studies in Combination with another Honours BA Program
WLIC students will be advised on appropriate course selection and necessary pathway GPA requirements for the specific faculty, department, major or intended major options.
Below is a sample of the courses that you might take during the program:
- Introduction to Indigenous Studies
- Design Thinking 1: Foundations
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Psychology I
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Communication Skills for Leadership
Arts Program Progression Requirements
You will transfer into the Honours Bachelor of Arts program in the Faculty of Arts at Wilfrid Laurier University with 5.0 credits (10 courses) toward your degree upon successful completion of the UTP Stage II: Faculty of Arts (Honours BA) program if you meet the following requirements:
- A minimum GPA of 5.00 (C) in each honours major course and a minimum overall GPA of 5.00 (C)
- Completion of a minimum of 10 courses (5.0 credits) in the WLIC UTP program, including one writing intensive course.
Students may select their Wilfrid Laurier University program from the range of majors available in the faculty upon consultation with an advisor and will complete any additional required First Year courses for that program.