Academic Transition Pathway Program
The Academic Transition Pathway (ATP) program at Wilfrid Laurier International College is designed to provide you with the skills and support needed to excel in your chosen degree program at Wilfrid Laurier University.
This program serves as your bridge to academic success, helping you meet your language and academic goals. Operated by WLIC in Brantford, Ont., it offers a comprehensive pathway to ensure your readiness for the academic challenges ahead.
- ATP I: Two-Semester Pathway (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent): Students in this category will participate in a comprehensive two-semester program. Upon successful completion, they will be able to transfer 2.5 credits toward their degree program.
- ATP II and ATP III: One-Semester Pathway (IELTS 5.5 – 6.0 or equivalent): Students with an IELTS score in this range will be part of a one-semester pathway. Upon completion, they can transfer 1.0 credit towards their degree program.
Start and end dates
- ATP Fall Semester: Starts on Sept. 11, 2023, and ends on Dec. 8, 2023.
- ATP Winter Semester: Begins on Jan. 8, 2024, and concludes on April 6, 2024.
- ATP I: Two-Semester ATP (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent): The total cost for this pathway is $27,231.33 CAD, which includes tuition, student services fees, student card, and medical insurance.
- ATP II: One-Semester ATP (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent): The cost for this pathway is $13,541.50 CAD, covering tuition, student services fees, student card, and medical insurance.
- ATP III: One-Semester ATP (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent): For students in this category, the cost is $10,399.37 CAD, including tuition, student services fees, student card, and medical insurance.
The ATP Program provides wrap-around support for academically admissible students with an IELTS score between 5.0 and 6.0 or the equivalent.
Upon completion, you will transfer 2.5 credits fro ATP I or 1.0 credits from ATP II or III to Wilfrid Laurier University. The list of available courses will be reviewed and updated by WLIC before each academic year/each intake.
The ATP Program is delivered in a hybrid-flexible (“HyFlex”) format, combining in-person and online delivery, with three intakes per academic year (September, January, May) synchronized with both institutions’ intakes.
Since your academic program start date will be delayed until after your successful completion of the ATP, you will be removed from any courses you’ve registered for the first semester. Please contact an academic advisor in your department during the first couple of weeks of your program to discuss creating your first-year course schedule for your Laurier start date.