Travelling to Canada
Fall (September) 2021
Please note that due to COVID-19 there are additional requirements in place for any students planning to travel to Canada for the upcoming term.
All courses and support programming will be delivered online for the September 2021 term. If you decide to travel to Canada, the below will provide you with more information about current requirements and protocols. If you are arriving to Canada by Air we encourage you to refer to the Government of Canada website for the latest updates on entering Canada during COVID-19.
Current Government of Canada regulations require that anyone arriving from outside of Canada must self-quarantine for 14 days.
Students who are coming to Canada by air must complete the following steps:
- Read the WLIC International Student Travel Guide and follow the steps it outlines.
- Complete the WLIC Student Self-Isolation Questionnaire a minimum of 10 days prior to travelling.
- Assess their quarantine plan before traveling. Further details can be found Government of Canada website.
- Get a COVID-19 molecular test before traveling. Tests must be taken within 72 hours of entry to Canada or scheduled flight departure time. Students will be required to provide proof of the test result upon arrival.
- As of July 5th, all travellers to Canada who are fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine in Canada: Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Janssen will not be required to quarantine upon arrival. Unvaccinated travellers must book their accommodations for a 14-day quarantine if they do not qualify for the exemptions.
- Complete the federal ArriveCAN application within 72 hours prior to arriving to Canada.
- Effective August 9, 2021, fully vaccinated travellers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test. Unvaccinated travellers will be required to take a Day 1 test at the airport, and then can continue onto their final destination where they will be required to complete the remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- During the remaining 14-day quarantine unvaccinated travellers will be required to take another COVID-19 molecular test. A COVID-19 test kit and instructions will be provided before leaving the airport.
Students who are coming to Canada by land should review the Government of Canada checklist.
Please note: The Government of Canada has extended the ban on direct flights from India until August 21st. If you are planning to travel from India, please adjust your travel plans accordingly and contact WLIC if you have any questions or concerns.
All students are responsible for making themselves aware of the requirements and are required to follow the WLIC Isolated or Quarantined Student Policy. Further information regarding Current Travel Guidelines.
Flights and Airport Arrivals
Students should plan to arrive at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
If you have any questions, or if you are experiencing delays or difficulties in transit or upon arrival due to immigration issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our team will call to speak with you. Make sure to provide them with your name, student number and a phone number where we can reach you.