Travelling to Canada
Please note that due to COVID-19 there are additional requirements in place for any students planning to travel to Canada for the upcoming term.
If you are arriving to Canada by Air we encourage you to refer to the Government of Canada website for the latest updates on entering Canada during COVID-19.
Current Government of Canada regulations require that anyone arriving from outside of Canada must be qualified as a fully vaccinated.
Students who are coming to Canada by air must complete the following steps:
- Read the WLIC International Student Travel Guide and follow the steps it outlines.
- Complete the WLIC Student Self-Isolation Questionnaire a minimum of 10 days prior to travelling.
- All travellers to Canada who are fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine in Canada: Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen, Bharat Biotech, Sinopharm and Sinovac will be qualified as a fully vaccinated traveller.
- Complete the federal ArriveCAN application within 72 hours prior to arriving to Canada.
- Upon entry to Canada, you may be selected for a randomized mandatory arrivals test. As a fully vaccinated traveller, you can travel to your destination, including on connecting flights, without waiting for your arrival test results (if selected for testing).
Students who are coming to Canada by land should review the Government of Canada checklist.
All students are responsible for making themselves aware of the requirements and are required to follow the WLIC Isolated or Quarantined Student Policy. Further information regarding Current Travel Guidelines.
Flights and Airport Arrivals
Students should plan to arrive at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
If you have any questions, or if you are experiencing delays or difficulties in transit or upon arrival due to immigration issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our team will call to speak with you. Make sure to provide them with your name, student number and a phone number where we can reach you.