Skip to Main Content

Medical Coverage

International students are required to have valid medical insurance while living in Canada.

WLIC students will be enrolled in International Insurance each semester on a four month coverage term.

Your coverage will begin on the dates corresponding with the semester you are commencing studies with WLIC, and you will be emailed the medical insurance card after you arrive in Canada.

The medical insurance does not cover dentist visits, thus it is a good idea to do your dental work in your home country. Your Health Insurance does not cover your travel to or from Canada, so you should arrange your own travel insurance.

If you arrive prior to the coverage start date, you will need to arrange additional coverage to cover the period prior to the start of your plan.


Upon transfer to Wilfrid Laurier University, students will be enrolled in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).

For further details regarding medical insurance, please visit

Back to Top